Wed, Feb 14|
Trane Milwaukee Office
Refrigerant Transition Update: The Impact of Refrigerant Choice on the Design Sustainability of Your Projects
Refrigerant regulations are rapidly changing and will have a significant impact on design choices for Engineers. Learn what you need to stay in compliance in 2024 and beyond.
Time & Location
Feb 14, 2024, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Trane Milwaukee Office, 234 W Florida St, Milwaukee, WI 53204, USA
About the event
US EPA refrigerant phasedown regulations are now in place that will drive key decisions for your design considerations into the 2030’s. Projects will require decisions by you today to conform with the regulated refrigerant GWP phasedown deadlines beginning January 1, 2025.
In many cases, new 2L flammable refrigerant choices have driven changes to safety standards which require application design changes and choices. This session will review the upcoming changes of refrigerants for applied, unitary, and VRF systems and the impacts they will have on the sustainability of your system design concepts and project schedules.
· Summarize the drivers behind the new regulations and legislation for HVAC refrigerants
· Discuss the actions being taken regionally via the U.S. EPA, Climate Alliance States, Californiaand Canada
· Discuss the HVAC refrigerants choices
· Explain and provide examples of safety requirements for A2L refrigerants in ASHRAE®Standard 15
· Draw implications for action and next steps